This article goes over some of the common questions that we get on various website issues. If you need more information regarding any of these questions please post a message or contact our technical support team.
I can't see my website!
Possible causes for your website not displaying:
- If your account and/or domain is new or you recently made DNS changes, it can take 4 to 24 hours for DNS changes to fully propagate.
- If you were able to access your site before, try to pull it up via your Temp URL that can be found in your Welcome Email. If you are able to view your site on the temporary URL then it is likely that your domain name has expired or the domain name is not pointed to our nameservers.
I made changes to my site, but it still looks the same.
Usually when this happens it is because your web browser is viewing a prior version of your website. To correct this, try clearing the cache in your Internet Browser and then refreshing the page.
When I go to my website all I see is an Index listing.
This generally happens when your page is missing the index page. By default, all our servers look for an "index" file to view your website. This can be either index.htm, index.html, or index.php. If the server can not find a index file directly in your public_html folder then it will show a listing of all your files. If you do not or can not use index as your first page, you can make a re-direct in your .htaccess file to use a different page then index.
I still see your "Website Coming Soon" page after uploading my site
- Try refreshing your browser as you may be displaying a cached version of your site
- Your home page might be named something other than index.html. You can correct this by deleting our default index page from your account.
- Your files were not uploaded directly into public_html
All of a sudden everything stopped working including my site, email, and FTP
- Check your connectivity to the Internet.
- Try to access your site, Temp URL, email, and FTP. If you cannot connect to any of these, try to connect to your site on another computer or through a proxy. If you can view your site from a different computer, then it is possible that your IP has been blocked. If it looks like your IP has been blocked, please contact our technical support team.
- If you still can't access your site from another computer, there could be various other reasons. Please contact us for resolution.
I uploaded everything, but some of my pages and images are missing
- Double check to make sure that all your files, folders, and images are on the server
- Your links may be incorrect, as filenames are case-sensitive on Linux servers. If your HTML link is lowercase but the file it points to is capitalized, then the link will not work properly.