There are many Plugins available for protecting your Wordpress site from hacks or attacks, OSE Firewall™ is rated as 5 out of 5 stars. In this tutorial we will show you how to install the OSE Firewall™ plugin in Wordpress, then we will go over the basic settings.
I recommend performing a backup of your website, before installing a Wordpress plugin.
Install OSE Firewall™:
- Login to the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link in the navigation menu, then click the Add New link.
- In the search box, enter "ose firewall" then click the Search Plugins button.
- You will see OSE Firewall™ listed, click the Install Now link.
A message will pop-up asking "Are you sure you want to install this plugin?" click the OK button.
- The "Installing Plugin" message will come up, click the Activate Plugin link. OSE Firewall™ has now been successfully installed.
OSE Firewall :
- You can access the available settings for OSE Firewall, by clicking the OSE Firewall button in the navigation menu.
You will see several options available, below is a brief description of them:
|OSE Firewall™ Settings
||This settings lets you choose your firewall scanning options
|OSE Virus Scanner™
||You can start or continue a Virus scan on your Wordpress files from here.
|OSE Virus Scanner™ Configuration
||Here you can specify which file extensions are scanned, and what size file to scan.
|OSE Anti-Spam™ Setting
||This setting lets you enable or disable spam scanning, or increase/decrease the scan intensity.
Congratulations, now you know how to install and use the OSE Firewall security plugin for Wordpress!