Among the many Plugins available for protecting your Wordpress site, one of the highest rated is Security Ninja Lite. In this tutorial we will show you how to install the Security Ninja Lite plugin in Wordpress, then we will show you how to analyze your website with it.
As per Security Ninja Lite you can "perform numerous security tests with one click, check your site for security vulnerabilities and holes, take preventive measures against attacks, don’t let script kiddies hack your site, and prevent 0-day exploit attacks."
This is the Lite version, the upgraded version can be purchased for additional functionality.
I recommend performing a backup of your website, before installing a Wordpress plugin.
Install Security Ninja Lite:
- Login to the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link in the navigation menu, then click the Add New link.
- In the search box, enter "Security Ninja Lite" then click the Search Plugins button.
- You will see Security Ninja Lite listed, click the Install Now link.
A message will pop-up asking "Are you sure you want to install this plugin?" click the OK button.
- The "Installing Plugin" message will come up, click the Activate Plugin link. Security Ninja Lite has now been successfully installed.
Using Security Ninja Lite:
- You can access Security Ninja Lite by clicking the Plugins link in the Dashboard.
- You will see Security Ninja Lite listed, click the Analyze site link.
- A site analysis page will load, click the Run Tests button to proceed. You will see a pop-up stating "Security Ninja Lite is analyzing your site. Please wait, it can take a few minutes."
Security Ninja Lite will then provide a list of suggestions for making your site more secure, based on your specific settings.
Here is an example of an analysis result:
Congratulations, now you know how to install and work with the Security Ninja Lite plugin for Wordpress!