There are many Plugins available for protecting your Wordpress powered website, one of the highest rated ones is Simple Security. In this tutorial we will show you how to install the Simple Security plugin in Wordpress, then we will go over the basic settings.
Simple Security keeps an access log, which makes it easier to blacklist or track people attempting to access your Wordpress Dashboard.
I recommend performing a backup of your website, before installing any Wordpress plugin.
Install Simple Security:
- Login to the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link in the navigation menu, then click the Add New link.
- In the search box, enter "Simple Security" then click the Search Plugins button.
- You will see Simple Security listed, click the Install Now link. A message will pop-up asking "Are you sure you want to install this plugin?" click the OK button.
- The "Installing Plugin" message will come up, click the Activate Plugin link. Simple Security has now been successfully installed.
Simple Security Settings:
- You can access the Simple Security settings, by clicking Settings in the Wordpress Dashboard. The click the Simple Security link.
From the settings menu, you can enable/disable the Access log, Dashboard widget, IP blacklist as well as set the amount of login attempts a user can make, and change the Access denied message.
- Click the Save Changes button on the bottom to record your settings.
Congratulations, now you know how to install the Simple Security plugin in Wordpress, and you are familiar with the basic settings.