Hi, I read all the tutorials about increasing the file upload size in wordpress and did all I could on my owne and ended up having to go through the chat help. I got the media upload page to say it allows 512mb uploads, but whenever I upload anything, the status bar instantly goes to to 100% and then just sits there and my files never actually upload.
At this point, I'm just trying to get the uploader back to the normal 128mb limit with a status bar that works right, but nothing I do works. It say's the limit is 128mb, but the status bar still goes right to 100%. I've tried removing the php.ini filed completely (it wasn't there in the first place). I reverted the htaccess file back to the original file. There's a great plug-in called Add From Server that lets me add the occasional file that exceeds 128mb limit by uploading via the cpanel file manager system and then importing into wordpress, but it takes a lot longer this way. So, I'd appreciate any help getting the uploader back to it's normal state as most of my files are under 128mb!
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with WordPress. I just spent a little time looking at your websites. I noted that you were using W3 Total cache. If you're having problems getting the pages to show on your website, make sure that you EMPTY the page cache files and rebuild them. I did this for you, and the page does show. Here are the steps in case you need to go through this again:
1) Login to WP Admin
2) Scroll down the left hand menu to PERFORMANCE
3) Then click on PAGE CACHE in the menu that appears
4)You'll see the option at the top of the page to REBUILD the page cache. The button for this is labeled - "empty cache"
5) Click on that button and you're done!
This may have affected your RSS feed as well. I reset it for both websites that I could see that had content. One last thing you should note - a couple of your plugins have not been updated in years. As you go forward, remember that compatibility issues can occur as Wordpress continues to update their core code.
Please double-check your sites and let us know if you require further assistance.
Thanks Arnel.. I had to remove and then reinstall W3 Total Cache and then adjust the settings until it worked. It kept writing to my htaccess file which was causing the page not to load. Seems to be working now!
I am still having the issue with the media upload, where the status bar instantly goes to 100% but does not go to the "crunching" part. But if I just let it sit there it eventually loads the file correctly. So I don't know, aside from that little glitch it appears to be working correctly. Thanks for the help!