Most of the settings you'll ever change within ModX will be found in the Systems Settings area. For example, if you wanted to change any of your Friendly URL settings, you would do so within the System Settings area.
Modifying settings is very easy to do in ModX. In this tutorial, we're going to first list the types of settings that are available, and then will show you step by step the general process for changing a setting.
What type of System Settings are available?
When working with System Settings, settings are grouped in the following areas:
- Use the Filter by area...
drop down on the Systems Settings page to drill down on settings by area / group. We'll show you how to access this page later in this article.
- Authentication and Security
- Rich-Text Editor
- File System
- Friendly URL
- Lexicon and Language
- Back-end Manager
- Session and Cookie
- System and Server
To make System Setting changes:
- Login to the Administrator Dashboard for Modx
- In the top menu, hover over System and click System Settings
- On this page, you'll see a list of settings that you can change. Find the setting you want to modify, and double click the text under the Value column.
- Make your desired changes, and then hit enter on your keyboard to save the change.