In order to clearly communicate to new customers, it is often common to require a set of terms that the customer must agree to before being able to make a transaction with an ecommerce site. The following OpenCart 1.5 tutorial will walk you through setting the option to require a particular set of terms of agreement before the customer account can be created.
How to set account terms in Open Cart 1.5 Settings
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled Account Terms as shown below:
- Click on the drop-down menu and then select the policy that a customer must agreee to before an account can be created. Or select NONE, to allow account creation without required terms.
- Select the blue SAVE button in the top right hand corner of the page to save your selection.
There are times when you need to have customers agree to a set of terms before they can proceed. This will not only cover you legally, but also provide information to the customer on what their rights are before they interact with you on a purchase o or other transaction. This is a very helpful option that can help you avoid possible legal issues or misunderstandings with your customer.