Opencart 1.5 uses Banners in order to communicate more information or advertise products in different locations of a store layout. The Administration dashboard manages the banners and allows administrators to enable or disable them. The following tutorial will walk you through the interface to enable or disable banners in OpenCart 1.5.
How to enable or disable banners in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over SYSTEMS, then click on DESIGN and then select BANNERS. Then you will see the initial window for Banners appear as per below:
- The list that appears shows the status of each Banner or banner group. If you wish to edit the status of an individual banner or banner group, select EDIT. The following screen will appear after clicking on EDIT:
- In order to enable the STATUS of each group of banners, click on the drop-down menu and select ENABLED or DISABLED as needed.
- Select SAVE in the top right hand corner to save your selection.
Enabling or disabling banners or banner groups allows the administrator to specify the banners that will appear within the store. Select the appropriate banners so as to display the required information or advertising for each OpenCart store.