Changing the invoice prefix allows you to personalize your customer invoices to whatever you prefer. The following tutorial will guide you through changing the invoice prefix for your customer orders. Note that the prefix will normally start numbering at '1' for any unique prefix.
How to Change the Invoice Prefix in the Administration Dashboard for Open Cart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled INVOICE PREFIX as shown below:
- Fillin a prefix as per above. Again, note that the Invoice ID's will start at 1 for each unique prefix.
- Select SAVE in the upper right hand corner to save your Invoice Prefix.
Once this option is saved, you will be see the generated customer invoices will begin with the prefix. This is especially helpful with sorting out orders with multiple stores. Use this option to help keep your books orderly and secure.