If you use OsCommerce on your website and forget the password to your admin page, then you will need to reset it. Web Hosting Hub is not able to reset the password since it is a third party program, however we can give you information on how to reset your password.
OsCommerce does not have any official documentation to reset the password in this scenario, however it can be reset using phpMyAdmin (located within your cPanel). To reset the password, you will need to modify the OsCommerce database in phpmyadmin. In your OsCommerce database:
- First, locate a table called "administrators."
- Once you have found it, you will want to "empty" the table (This step should only be performed if you have only 1 admin user). On the same line as the administrators table, locate the trash can icon that is next to the red X. Click on the trash can, it will ask "Do you really want to TRUNCATE 'administrators. Click 'OK'.
- Now go back to your OsCommerce login page. You will get the following message: "No administrators exist in the database table. Please fill in the following information to create the first administrator (A manual login is still required after this step)".
- This allows you to put in any information and it will create the admin automatically. Put in the new username and password you want to use, and the information will be saved.
- The same login page will load, put in the same information you did in the previous step and now you can log into your admin page for OsCommerce.
Congratulations, you have reset your OsCommerce password!