After moving WordPress
from one location to another, it's not uncommon for internal links and/or images to be broken.
While updating the Site URL makes it possible for your site to be moved, it doesn't update internal links or paths to images. The good news is, it is a fairly easy process to update these links.
- Begin by logging into your WordPress dashboard.
- Do a search for and install this plugin:
Velvet Blues Update URLs
- Activate the plugin and open the Update URLs settings screen.
- Enter the previous and current URLs for your WordPress installation.
It's important that the URLs be entered to match the Site URL. For instance, if you included www in your site URL, be sure to include that where appropriate for your Old and New URL.
Old URL: Where WordPress was installed before the move
New URL: Where WordPress is currently installed
- Under Step 2 select which types of URLs should be updated. For most users, this should be all except the last option "Update ALL GUIDs."
- Click the Update URLs NOW button to update your site's URLs
- You should receive a notification that URLs have been updated, similar to this:
- Visiting your site should also show that images and links are no longer broken. If necessary, refresh your page or clear your browser cache to view the changes: