In this tutorial we will show you how to add a Vimeo video block to your Concrete5 Website.
Vimeo is a popular website similar to Youtube, that allows you to easily upload and share high definition videos.
How to add a Vimeo video:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Dashboard button, and click add-ons.
- In the Keywords field, type 'vimeo block', and click search. You will see the free Vimeo Block listed, select it.
- Click the blue Download & Install button on the bottom right.
You will see a notification stating "The package was successfully installed." Click the Return button on the bottom right.
- Click the Return to Your Website button on the top left.
- Roll your mouse over the Editing button on the top left, and click Exit Edit Mode.
- Using the menu, navigate to the page you want to add the vimeo video to, and click the Edit button on top.
- Click the area you want to add a Vimeo block to, and choose +Add Block. In my testing I am adding the video below my header, so I selected Add To main.
- On the Add block menu, search for 'vimeo player', or scroll down and find it, then Select Vimeo Player.
||Enter the title of the video.
||Input the web address of the vimeo video you want to display.
||When someone rolls their mouse over the video, this text will display.
||Specify the video width in pixels. 400 is entered here by default.
|| Enter the video height in pixels. 300 is the height already entered here.
Make your selections and click the blue Add+ button on the bottom right.
- Roll your mouse over Editing and click Publish My Edits. You will now see the Vimeo video displayed on your website.
Congratulations, now you know how to add a Vimeo Video to your Concrete5 website!