The previous guide in our Working with images and video in Concrete5 series we showed you how to add an image to a page. In this guide we will show you how to add a youtube video to your page in Concrete5. This is useful when you want to display or share a youtube video on your website.
Add Youtube Content:
- After logging into your dashboard, in the site menu select the page that you want to add content to. For this example I am selecting the Test page.
- On the top left, roll your mouse over edit and select edit this page from the menu. This will allow the fields in the page to be edited.
- Now, highlight and click the area you would like to add content to, and select add block from the list.
- On the add block menu select youtube video, this will bring up the add youtube video menu. Enter the video title, youtube URL, the width and height, and whether you want the video to play as flash embed, or iframe. Flash embed plays the file from the current browser, while iframe opens it in a window within the page (Concrete5 suggests that this method is more compatible).
- Hover over editing with your mouse, and select publish my edits to save what you have done.
Congratulations, you will now see the youtube video on your page!
Continue to the next guide which covers adding a video in Concrete5.