The previous guide in our working with Concrete5 themes series covered changing the background color in Concrete5. In this tutorial we will show you how to use the separate theme for mobile browsers option in Concrete5. This is a convenient setting in Concrete5 that allows you to display a different theme when visitors view your website from a mobile device.
Have you ever had trouble accessing a website from your phone? It is usually because the theme is not optimized for mobile devices. By using this setting, your website will detect the visitors browser, and load a separate theme for your website.
How to Use a Separate Theme for Mobile Devices:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Click the Dashboard button on top.
- Under Pages & Themes, select Themes.
- Scroll down to the Mobile Theme heading, and click the dropdown box with the option: **Same as website (default)
- Choose the separate theme you want to use for mobile devices from the list, and click the Save button to the right. You will see a mesage saying "Mobile theme saved."
Congratulations, now when people visit your Concrete5 website from a mobile device, it will display a separate theme! Continue to the next tutorial which will show you how to view your environment information in Concrete5.