In this tutorial we will show you how to remove the Concrete5 sign in footer. By default it shows up on the footer of every page, which can throw off the style of your website.
Removing the Concrete5 Sign-in Footer:
- First bring your website up in a browser.
- Right-click and select view page source, or view source, depending on the browser. This will bring up the source code for the website.
- Look through the code, or search by using Ctrl + F, for a line that says:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/help/
After that line of code take note on the path listed, as it will tell you where the current theme you are using is located. It may look something like:
- Using the File manager, or FTP navigate to the theme location, in my case it is: /concrete5/updates/concrete18.104.22.168/concrete/themes/greek_yogurt/
- Within your theme's folder open the elements folder and you will see a footer.php file.
- Edit the code of the footer.php file, and comment out using html from:
- Save the edited file. Now when you view your Concrete5 website the footer will be blank.
Congratulations, now you know how to remove the sign in footer from Concrete5.