The previous tutorial covered creating a site-wide site name in Concrete5. In this tutorial we will show you how to install a concrete5 addon from the marketplace, via the dashboard. Concrete5 Addons provide additional functionality to your website such as social media buttons, ecommerce, calendars, maps, or deluxe slide-shows, among many other options. Addons can vary in price from free to hundreds of dollars depending on who developed the Addon.
Installing a Concrete5 Add-on:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Click the Dashboard button on the top, to open the Dashboard menu.
- On the bottom of the Dashboard menu, beside the Extend concrete5 heading, select add-ons.
If this is the first time you are trying to access the concrete5 marketplace, you will need to create an account, and connect your website:
1. On the Connect to Community menu, click the blue Connect Now button.
2. Now, click the blue Register button.
4. Push the down-arrow to view the menu, and select Get More Add-Ons.
- You will now see the Browse Add-Ons menu, locate the Add-on you want to use, and left click it to bring up a summary of the Add-on. In my testing I am using a free plugin called Premium Google Map.
- Click the blue Download & Install button on the bottom right. Upon completion, you will see a message saying "The package was successfully installed." Now the Add-on will be listed as an available block.
Congratulations, now you can install an Add-on in Concrete5! The next tutorial in our working with Concrete5 themes series will cover uninstalling a theme or addon in Concrete5.