You can set up Outlook 2003 to send and receive email from your email hosted at Web Hosting Hub.
First, log into your Outlook 2003. Once you have opened up the application, we will add a new account:
- Click on Tools in your Toolbar, and then "Account Settings".
- On the next screen, select "Add new e-mail account" and click "Next".
- Now you can select the type of email account you are setting up, POP3 or IMAP. The main difference is that if POP3 is selected, all your emails when checked through Outlook will be downloaded to your computer and removed from the server. With IMAP, the emails will remain on the server at all times. Once you have made your selection, click "Next".
Now you will fill in your User Information:
- Your Name: Insert your full name here, as this is the name that will show when you send email
- E-mail Address: Put in your full email address, for example
Next is your Server Information:
- Incoming Mail Server: If your domain is pointed to Web Hosting Hub, the incoming mail server will be mail.yourdomain.com. For example, mail.whhsupport.com would be the mail server for whhsupport.com.
- Outgoing Mail Server: This will be the same as your Incoming Mail Server, mail.yourdomain.com.
Finally, you will fill in your Login Information:
- Username: This will be your full email address, all lowercase. For example,
. You will want to make sure to include the full address otherwise you will not be able to send email.
- Password: This is the password for the email account you listed above, and not the password for your cPanel.
Once you have filled in the information, click on the "More Settings..." button on the right as we need to change a few more settings.
- Outgoing Server Tab: On the outgoing Server Tab, make sure that "My outgoing server requires authentication" is checked, as well as "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Advanced Tab: By default you do not need to change anything here, however if you are having trouble sending email then you can change the outgoing port. This is also where you can change your settings to connect via SSL. We discuss these changes in other articles in the Knowledge Database.
Click "OK" to go back to the Account Settings screen, and then click on "Next." Congratulations, you have added your email account to Outlook 2003!