Outlook 2011 is a new mac-only version of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up Outlook 2011 to send and receive email from your email hosted at Web Hosting Hub.
First, log into your Outlook 2011. Once you have opened up the application, we will add a new account:
- Click on Tools, and then Accounts....
- On the Add an Account menu, click E-mail
- Enter your full email address and password on the next screen and click Add Account
Now you will fill in your Personal Information:
- Account Description: This is the name your mail will show as in your Microsoft Office inbox.
- Full name: Insert your full name here, as this is the name that will show when you send email
- E-mail address: Put in your full email address, for example
Next is your Server Information:
- User name: This will be your full email address. For example,
. You will want to make sure to include the full address, including the @yourdomain.com.
- Password: This is the password for the email account you listed above, not your cPanel password.
- Incoming Mail Server: If your domain points to Web Hosting Hub, the incoming mail server is normally mail.yourdomain.com. However, because Outlook for Mac recommends using SSL, your mail server will be secure##.webhostinghub.com (replace ## with your actual server number). You can determine your server number from your temporary URL (shown in your AMP technical details) or server name. For instance, if my temporary URL is http://ehub22.webhostinghub.com/~userna5, then my secure server name is secure22.webhostinghub.com.
- Outgoing Mail Server: This will be the same as your Incoming Mail Server, secure##.webhostinghub.com.
- Port: Port 465 (for SSL connection)
As Outlook recommends, check the boxes that say Use SSL to connect. Then click on red circle at the top left to close the box and save your information. To confirm the account was added, look in your Outlook Inbox. There you will see listed the account you just added with your account description.
Congratulations, you have added your email account to Outlook 2011! If you have any problems setting up the account, first double-check all your settings. If the settings seem correct, check out our articles on troubleshooting issues sending email or receiving email.