Meta tags are used by search engines to identify keywords that may be associated with your product. This helps the search engine to narrow down the results and find your product during a search. The following tutorial will show you how to add meta tag keywords for an added product.
How to add meta tag keywords to a product in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Go to the menu bar and select CATALOG, then click on PRODUCTS when the drop-down menu appears. If you have existing products, you will see a list, otherwise select INSERT to add a new product
- Stay on the GENERAL tab when it appears and scroll down to where it says META TAG KEYWORDS. You will see the following entry area:
- Click in the empty box and start adding keywords. Separate the words with spaces
- Select the SAVE button to save your keyword entries
Adding the meta tag keywords to your product is an important part of adding your product to your OpenCart 1.5 site. The keywords allow search engines to find your product during a general internet search. If you wish to find more information on adding products, check out the Overview of Options for Adding Products to OpenCart 1.5.