Search Engine Optimization (SEO) keywords are implemented in OpenCart 1.5 to make it easier to identify a page and also provide a friendlier URL that can be read by a visitor. The following tutorial will walk you through changing the URL and makes it possible to view the keyword in the changed URL.
NOTE: SEO URLs in the Server Settings must be enabled in order for the following changes to affect the website.
Changing the SEO keyword for the Information Page
- Login to the OpenCart 1.5 Dashboard
- Hover over the CATALOG menu item and then click on INFORMATION at the bottom of the drop-down menu
Select the DATA tab.
- Look for the SEO Keyword section, then change it as necessary. Remember to keep it short but relevant to the information page's subject matter
- Select SAVE in the top right hand corner to save your changes.
- With the OpenCart Server SEO URL setting set to YES, the URL will change as shown below:
The change of the SEO keyword makes it easier for your customers to look at your store pages and bookmark them for later review.