In this tutorial we will show you how to install the Google Analytics module, then add a Google Analytics Tracking code to your osCommerce eshop.
Google analytics is a very powerful and commonly used tool for collecting and analyzing information regarding your website, which can help you target and generate more visitors to your website.
Install the Google Analytics Module:
- If you don't have one already, then setup a Google Analytics account.
- Login to the osCommerce Admin Panel.
- Select Modules from the left menu bar, then under Modules select Header Tags.
- Click the +Install Module button on the top right.
- You will see Google Analytics listed, select it, then click the +Install Module button again.
How to Add a Google Tracking Code:
- Login to the Admin Panel for osCommmerce.
- From the menu select Modules, then Header Tags.
- Click Google Analytics from the Modules list.
- Select the Edit button to the right, and it will drop-down and provide several options.
After making your selections, click the Save button below.
|Do you want to add Google Analytics to your shop?
||Select True to add google analytics, or False to disable google analytics.
|Google Analytics ID
||Enter your Google tracking code in this field.
||True will turn e-commerce tracking on, false will disable this option.
||You can modify where this module is listed. Lower numbers display on top of the Modules list.
Congratulations, now you can use Google Analytics to track statistics regarding your website!