To make your shop stand out from the others out there, you may want to change your theme. A theme can give a store it's own look and feel and it can invoke a certain feelings for its visitors. Prestashop does not have an internal tool for uploading a new theme, so it must be done via your cPanel. The instructions below will guide you in uploading a new theme to your PrestaShop site.
How to upload new theme files in PrestaShop 1.5
- First, log into your cPanel interface.
- Using the File Manager, open the tool and navigate to your root folder for your store.
- Using the right hand panel, scroll down to the themes folder and double click it.
- Once inside the themes you want to upload the new theme zip file from your local computer. Click on the Upload icon from the top menu bar.
- Select the theme file from your local computer using the Browse button
- Once the zip file is uploaded, go back to your themes folder in the File Manager. You will see the file listed there. Highlight fie file by clicking on it, then click on the Extract option from the upper menu bar.
- A popup box will appear and you will see a path for where the files will be extracted. Leave the path setting as it is and click on the Extract Files button.
- After the files are extracted, you should see a new folder in the file list for your new theme.
You have now successfully installed your new theme files. However, you are not finished yet. In order to use the theme, you must next activate it.