Product combinations often occur when there are variety of attributes that may distinguish the product when it is purchased in quantity. For example, if your product comes in different colors. Some customers may want to purchase the product in different colors. The issue is more of an issue when there may be differences weight thereby affecting shipping weight and cost. This information can be accounted for in the COMBINATIONS tab for a product. The following tutorial will show how to use COMBINATIONS in PrestaShop 1.5.
Adding Combinations for Products in PrestaShop 1.5
- Login to the PrestaShop 1.5 Administration Panel as an Administrator
- Go to the menu bar and hover over CATALOG until the drop-down menu appears. Click on PRODUCTS
- If you are managing an existing inventory, you will see a list of your products. Select one of your products and then click on EDIT. Otherwise, select ADD NEW from the top right hand side of the screen in order to add a new product to your list. On the lefthand side of the menu of a product you will see the option for COMBINATIONS. Make sure that you are selecting a product that can be sold in combination in order to set this option. Here is a screenshot of the COMBINATIONS interface:
If you want to use the PRODUCT COMBINATIONS GENERATOR (the button for this option is at labeled at the top of the page), please go to Using the Product Combinations Generator in PrestaShop 1.5 for for further information.
NOTE: In order to add combinations, you will have needed to have already added the attributes or groups of attributes.
- Select the drop-down menu labeled ATTRIBUTE and select the attribute you wish to use in your combination
- Click on ADD after you have selected the ATTRIBUTE
- When you select the product if the information is provided with the product, then the REFERENCE, EAN13, UPC, SUPPLIER REFERENCE, and LOCATION will be filled. Select the WHOLESALE PRICE if you need to adjust the price. Then select IMPACT ON PRICE and select either INCREASE or DECREASE if there is an impact on price.
-If necessary, select IMPACT ON WEIGHT and add the adjustment to the weight
-If necessary, select IMPACT ON UNIT PRICE and adjust price per unit
- The next field is MINIMUM QUANTITY which sets the number of products where this combination takes effect. Set 1 as the minimum quantity if you wish to disable this option
- You can also set the available date when a product is unavailable because you have run out of stock. Click on the field after AVAILABLE DATE in order to set the date when the product will be available again
- The last option allows you to set the IMAGE used to represent your combination. You are also able to set default setting for the combination(s) that you have defined above
- Select SAVE in the top right hand corner to save your entries. Note that as you ad combinations, the table is updated at the bottom of the screen
COMBINATIONS are an important option in that they allow you to set definitions for combinations of products that may affect shipping and price costs for the product. Customers will not see the actual settings for the change in settings. The only place they may see the impact of the combinations are on the pricing that appears in the customer invoice when they check out. Here is a screenshot of a sample invoice: