PayPal is one of the most popular methods for accepting payments online. This payment method is one of the many options you have for receiving payments from your customers in PrestaShop. You can set up your store to accept payments via PayPal using the PayPal module in the your PrestaShop back office.
Please note, to properly configure this module, you will need to already have a PayPal account. If you do not already have an account with PayPal, you will need to visit the PayPal website and sign up for an account with PayPal in order to accept PayPal payments.
- Begin by logging into your PrestaShop back office .
- Click on the Modules tab and expand the Payments & Gateways section under that tab.
- Click on the Install button for the PayPal module.
- Once the PayPal module is installed and you see the notification that the module installed successfully, click on the Configure link for the module.
- On the Solution tab, choose which PayPal solution and options you wish to use with your site. Additional information about the various PayPal options is available in PayPal's online documentation. Once you have completed your selections, click the Save settings button to save your changes.
- Next, click on the Settings tab where you will fill in your PayPal account details. If you need more information on obtaining your API credentials, click the link above the Save settings button to watch a YouTube video tutorial from PayPal on how to do that.
Once you have filled in your PayPal information, click the Save Settings button.
- If you want to customize the PayPal checkout page, you can do so through on the Logos and personalization tab, but this is not required.
Congratulations, you've set up your PrestaShop site to work with your PayPal account.