Occasionally, there is a need to scramble IP data that is saved to Contao. This can also include the IP addresses that are sent to Google when using Google Analytics. These settings can be made anonymous. The following article explains how to find and configure these settings to be private using the Contao Back end.
Making IP Data Anonymous in Contao
- Login to the Contao Back end as an Administrator.
- Scroll down the left side of the screen in the Back end modules until you find SYSTEM. Click on SETTINGS.
- Scroll down the SETTINGS section until you find the PRIVACY SETTINGS section.
- In order to make the IP data being saved in the database, click on the checkbox labeled ANONYMIZE IP ADDRESSES.
- If you do not want specific IP information going to Google when using Google Analytics, then check the box next to ANONYMIZE GOOGLE ANALYTICS.
- Click on the SAVE or SAVE AND CLOSE settings at the bottom of the screen.