After installing the Theme Switcher Add-On in osCommerce, you may see errors regarding your jQuery version. In this tutorial we will show you how to update your jQuery version for osCommerce.
This tutorial is only for people using the default osCommerce theme, since some theme's folder locations vary.
How to Update Your jQuery Version:
- Install the Theme Switcher Add-On in osCommerce.
- Download the latest jQuery version here:
At the time this was written the latest version was: 1.9.1
- Upload the file to the directory:
- Navigate to the jQuery UI file download page here:
At the time this was written the latest version was: 1.10.1
Scroll down to the bottom of the download page, and under the Theme section, select Redmond from the drop-down box. Then in the Theme Folder Name field enter:
Then click the Download button.
- Extract the compresssed file, and in the /js/ folder locate the jQuery file similar to: jquery-ui-X.XX.X.custom.min.js (At the time this article was written the file is titled: jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom.min.js)
Upload the downloaded file to:
- In the file you extracted, locate the /development-bundle/themes/redmond folder and open it, then locate the file named:
Rename this file to:
jquery-ui-X.X.X.css (Replace the X's with the ui version in step 4. At the time this article was written I renamed the file: jquery-ui-1.10.1.css)
- Upload the full /redmond directory in step 5 to:
/catalog/ext/jquery/ui (Overwrite the existing folders if you get a notification that it already exists.)
- Login to the Admin Panel for osCommerce.
- Click the Modules, then Header Tags link in the navigation menu.
- Click the Theme Switcher option, then the Edit button to the right.
Update the jQuery Version, and the jQuery UI Version, then click the Save button. You will now see the green check marks confirming the jQuery files are up-todate.
Congratulations, now you know how to update the jQuery version in osCommerce!