Cart rules can often be combined, but in some cases this behavior may not be desired. In order to determine a cart rule that can combine and those which cannot, the cart rule condition called COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER CART RULES must be set. The following tutorial will explain how to determine which cart rule can combine and which cannot combine in PrestaShop 1.5.
Determining Compatible Cart Rules in PrestaShop 1.5
- Login to the Administrator Dashboard as an Administrator
- Go to the menu bar and hover over PRICE RULES. Click on CART RULES when the drop-down menu appears. You will see a screen similar to the following:
- Click on the ADD NEW button in order to create a new cart rule, OR, select an existing cart rule from the list. When the new rule or existing rule opens, look to the left and select CONDITIONS in order to open the CART RULE CONDITIONS tab. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, click on COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER CART RULES and you will see the following:
- Selecting the rule and adding them to the two columns above lets you determine if the rule can be combinable or uncombinable. The UNCOMBINABLE cart rules are in the left column and the COMBINABLE cart rules are in the right column. Follow the instructions above to make your cart rule (voucher/coupon) into a compatible rule that can combine with others, or into one that will only operate alone.
- When you have completed making your choices, click on the green SAVE button in the top right corner to save your entries.
Cart rules are often defined as vouchers and coupons that may have different discount rates. It is important to consider when your customers may combine these options, so always set this rule in order to avoid possible conflicts that may give too much of a discount.
The second to last Cart Rule in the Cart Rule Conditions tab is the PRODUCT SELECTION option. To find more information this option, please go to Defining a Products for Cart Rules in PrestaShop 1.5.