In this tutorial we will walk you through the installation of the Wordpress SEO plugin by Yoast for Wordpress.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is an important part of promoting your website, as it helps people find it via search engine. This Wordpress SEO plugin simplifies your SEO work by providing a single place for optimizing your site. Features such as Page Analysis
, automatically generating XML Sitemaps
, and integrating Social media, among many others.
Here is a link to the official plugin page for Wordpress SEO by Yoast
How to Install Yoast:
- Login to your Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link, in the navigation menu, then click Add New.
- In the search box enter "yoast" then click the Search Plugins button.
- You will see the Wordpress SEO by Yoast plugin listed, click the Install Now button.
- A pop-up will ask "Are you sure you want to install this plugin" click the OK button to proceed.
- You will see an Installing Plugin message, click the Activate Plugin link. You will then see a message stating "Plugin Activated."
For instructions on how to use the plugin, I recommend the official Wordpress SEO by Yoast
Congratulations, now you know how to install the Wordpress SEO by Yoast plugin!