One of the features that Horde has that not all webmail applications offer is the ability to set up custom filters. We've included the steps below. For a demonstration, please see the Creating an Email Filter video provided.
In this tutorial, we will create a filter within Horde Webmail that moves all email from "
" to a folder named "John Smith". Please note that the steps below are used only as an example. There are numerous options you can select when enabling filters.
How to create a folder within Horde
The first thing we'll do is create the "John Smith" folder so that we'll have a unique folder to move the messages to. To do so:
- Click "Folders" in the very top menu
- In the "Choose Action" dropdown, choose "Create Folder"
- In the pop up box, enter John Smith (or whatever you want the folder named) and click OK
Creating a filter within Horde
Now that our John Smith folder is created, we want to setup a filter that moves all email sent to us from
to that folder.
- Click "Filters" in the very top menu
- Click "New Rule"
- Enter a name for this rule in the "Rule Name" field. In this case, we'll enter "FROM John Smith"
- Ensure "All of the following" is selected
- From the "Select a field" dropdown, choose "From"
- In the third box, we'll enter
so that the three boxes read, "From Contains
- In the "Do this" drop down, we'll select "Deliver to Folder"
- Choose "John Smith" in the "Select target folder" dropdown
- Click "Save"
After clicking save, click the "Apply Filters" button if you want to run the filter at this time.