It is often important to display the weight of the products that have been purchased. This allows the customer to take into account shipping weight and may affect their purchase decision. The following OpenCart 1.5 tutorial will guide you through enabling the display of weight for the products in the cart.
How to display the weight of the ordered product in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled DISPLAY WEIGHT ON CART PAGE as shown below:
- Select YES to enable the display of weight of the products in the cart, or NO to hide the display.
- Select the blue SAVE button in the top right hand corner of the screen to save your seletcion.
To help a customer determine the shipping cost for their order, it is important to show the weight of the products in their cart. This option will be shown as per the units that will be used and determined by the localized settings in the administrator panel.