A product that is for sale in an online store may often be associated with some sort of model data. This information may be a number or version or other code that can be used to distinguish the product from something similar. The following tutorial guides you in setting the model information for the product within the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard.
How to add the model information for a product in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over CATALOG in the menu bar. Click PRODUCTS when the drop-down menu appears. If you have no products, then use INSERT to add a new product.
- Stay on the DATA tab when it appears and scroll down to where it says MODEL as per the screenshot below:
- Click in the box and then type in the model information that you wish to assign to your product. Note that this information is mandatory and is required before you can save your product
- Select SAVE to save the model information that you have added
The MODEL information is a useful and required item when adding a product to the OpenCart 1.5 Administrator. Be sure your information is accurate to prevent confusion with your customers and employees. For more information on adding products in OpenCart 1.5, go to the article on the Overview of adding products to the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard.