OpenCart 1.5 allows you set up a SKU or Stock Keeping Unit. Having a SKU number setup for your products helps to organize your inventory. The following tutorial will teach how to enter a SKU for a product in the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard.
How to enter a SKU in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Place your mouse over CATALOG in the menu bar. Select the PRODUCTS option when the drop-down menu appears. If you have no products, then use INSERT to add a new product.
- Stay on the DATA tab when it appears and scroll down to where it says SKU as per the screenshot:
- Click in the blank box to type in the SKU that you wish to assign
- Select SAVE in order to save your entry
Using a stock keeping unit (SKU) is an important part of maintaining a well-organized inventory. Be sure to assign an appropriate value accurately reflecting the proper identification of your product(s). For more information on adding products, go to the article on the Overview of adding products to the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard.