The location option in the DATA tab is generally used to physically locate an item within your store. However, it can be used for more, especially if the item is virtual, or if you have multiple stores in different geographical locations. The following tutorial will guide you in setting the location for a product in the OpenCart 1.5 Dashboard.
How to add a location to product in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Go to the menu bar place the mouse pointer over CATALOG. When the drop-down menu is shown, click on PRODUCTS. Select an existing product in the list that appears, otherwise, if you have no products then use INSERT to add a new product
- Go to the DATA tab and look for the label LOCATION as per the screenshot:
- To add a location, simply click on the box and then type in a location. Examples of locations:
Geographical location - Virginia Beach, VA
Physical location in store - Shelf 5 in Aisle 6
Note: this information is not seen by the customer
- Click on the SAVE button in order to save your entry
LOCATION is useful in that it will help you locate the product very quickly. It becomes more important if your store is large and you have a large physical location or several stores in different locations. Adding a location can help save time and frustration, not to mention your customer's.