One of the tasks that you will take with your inventory in your PrestaShop website will be to organize your products so that they can be found in particular categories. This tutorial will walk you through assigning your product to categories, accessories and manufacturers in Prestashop 15.
Adding Product Associations to Organize your Product in PrestaShop 1.5
- Login to the Prestashop 1.5 Administration Panel as an Administrator
- Go to the menu bar and hover over CATALOG until the drop-down menu appears. Click on PRODUCTS
- If you are managing an existing inventory, you will see a list of your products. Select one of your products and then click on EDIT. Otherwise, select ADD NEW from the top right hand side of the screen in order to add a new product to your list.
- Scroll down until you find ASSOCIATIONS. Click on this option and you will see the following screen:
The screen dedicated to setting your product associations is divided up into 4 main sections:
Each section is listed in the following steps:
- Associated Categories - Categories list that you may have created when creating your categories. Select the category or categories that you want to associate your product. If you need to associate your product with a non-existent category, you can create a new one by clicking on CREATE NEW CATEGORY
- Default Category - This is the category that is shown by default in the shop. Click on the drop-down menu to select the category that you wish to associate to the product
- Accessories - This option is used to associate other products that may be related to your product. You may need to have a list of your products to do this, but you can begin to type a product name and it will appear in the drop-down menu. Select the product or products that you wish to associate as an accessory
- Manufacturer - The Manufacturer option lets you choose from your list of companies that would be associated with your product. If you need to add a manufacturer to the list, the option to do this is also here and is called: CREATE NEW MANUFACTURER
- Select SAVE from the top right hand corner in order to get save your entries
The ASSOCIATIONS of your product allow you help organize your inventory so as to make it easy to find in your shop. When all of the associations are set, the result of these efforts are seen primarily in the shop front. Here's a screenshot which shows this: