Changing the option to use the Customer Tax Address is an option in the OpenCart 1.5 Administrator that is used when a user is logged into the storefront. It can be set to calculate tax based on a customer's shipping or payment address or set to NONE so that tax is not determined. This tutorial shows you how the option is changed in the settings for the Administrator Dashboard below.
Changing the Option for Using the Customer Tax Address in OpenCart Administrator Dashboard
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled USE CUSTOMER TAX ADDRESS as shown below:
- Using the drop-down menu, change the option to NONE to not calculate taxes by default for a customer. Or set the option to use a shipping or payment address to calculate taxes if a customer is logged in to your Opencart storefront.
- Select SAVE in the upper right hand corner to save your change.
Using this option allows you to determine how tax is calculated if a customer is logged into to your storefront. If you need to determine how tax is calculated when a customer is NOT logged in to the storefront, please refer to Changing the Option for Use Store Tax Address in OpenCart 1.5.