The OpenCart 1.5 Administrator Dashboard allows you to specify your customer into groups that you can use for organization purposes. The following tutorial will guide in editing the customer groups already existing in the Sales menu.
How to Edit Customer Groups in OpenCart 1.5 Administration Dashboard
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SALES and then click on CUSTOMERS in the drop-down menu
- Another menu will appear and you can select the CUSTOMER GROUP to EDIT an a new group name. You will get list as shown below:
- At the far right of the list (at end of each group name) you will see the word "EDIT". Click on EDIT to change the existing group name
- Select SAVE in the top right hand corner to save your revised group name
You will immediately see the edited group appear. Use the customer groups to help organize your customers. You can assign a customer group as a default group in the Systems Preferences under Options Customer group. You can find more information on that subject here: Changing the Default Customer Group.