Some Opencart 1.5 stores allow a customer to checkout without have to create an account. In order to present any legal requirements or terms, it is possible to require that a customer agree to a set of terms before they can purchase your products. The following tutorial will guide you in how to set checkout terms in the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Panel.
How to set checkout terms in the OpenCart 1.5 Administration Panel
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled CHECKOUT TERMS as shown below:
- Select the drop-down menu and choose the appropriate terms that you wish the to apply to the customer before they can checkout their desired products.
- Select the blue SAVE button in the top right hand corner of the screen to save your selection.
In the event that you are allowing your customers to checkout without having an account, you may want to require terms of service before their purchase is processed. This will allow you to cover yourself legally and communicate to your customers the terms of service that you are providing.