Many people are using Google+ for social networking online, the Google +1 button is a simple way for visitors to share your website with other people. The free Google Plus One add-on in the Concrete5 marketplace lets you easily add a +1 button.
In this tutorial we will show you how to add a Google +1 button to your Concrete5 website using the free Google Plus One add-on, so visitors can easily share your website with others.
How to Add a Google +1 Button:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Dashboard button and click add-ons.
- In the Keywords field enter 'google plus one' then click the Search button to the right. You will see the Google Plus One Add-on listed, select it.
- Click the blue Download & Install button on the bottom right.
You will see a notification stating "The package was successfully installed." Click the Return button on the bottom right, then the Return to Website button on the top left.
- Using the menu navigate to the page you want to add the Google +1 button to, then click the Edit button on the top left.
- Select the block where you want the Google +1 button displayed, and select +Add Block.
- Scroll down and select, or search and click Google Plus One from the list.
You will be presented with some options:
Choose what size you want the button to be, in my tests I chose Standard (24px). Available options are:
|With or Without Counter:
Choose if you want to display a counter that shows how many people have shared your webpage using the Google Plus One addon. In my tests I chose No Counter.
||Select what language you want the button to display in. Choose from over 40 languages. In my tests I selected English (US)
After making your selections, click the blue Add+ button on the bottom right.
- Roll your mouse over the Editing button, and click Publish My Edits. You will now see the Google +1 button displayed.
Congratulations, now you know how to a Google +1 button to your Concrete5 website using the free Google Plus One add-on available in the Concrete5 Marketplace.