The previous guide in our working with blocks in Concrete5 series discussed working with Tags. In this tutorial we will show you how to add a survey block to your website in Concrete5. When you are on the Internet, you may have seen or taken surveys asking about your experience on the site, or your opinion on a popular topic.
Surveys can be helpful by allowing the visitors on your site to relay information more easily to you. Concrete5 makes it easy to add a survey to your website, and in this tutorial we will walk you through the steps for setting this up.
How to Add a survey:
- Login to your Concrete5 dashboard.
- Choose the page you want to add the survey to. This can be done by left clicking the page in the menu bar. This will allow you to view the page contents.
- Select the Edit button on the top left of your Dashboard.
- Now, editable fields will light-up when you roll your mouse over them. Choose the area you want to add the survey to by left clicking it.
- Select the +Add Block option from the list.
- On the Add Block menu select Survey. This will bring up the Add Survey menu.
- The first field is Question, type your question here.
- For the Open to all site visitors option, choose Yes if you want all visitors to be able to take the survey, or No to require visitors to register on your site first.
- Under the Add option field, type an answer you want visitors to choose from, and select add button to the right. Repeat this step until you have added all of your answers. Select the blue Add+ button on the bottom right to save.
Congratulations, you have added a survey to your Concrete5 website! The next tutorial will show you how to add a slideshow to your Concrete5 website.