When you are designing a website, you may want to display a Twitter feed also known as a timeline on a page. Twitter is a popular social networking website that many people use for sharing information with others.
In this tutorial we will show you how to add a Twitter feed to your Concrete5 website using the Tweetcrete Add-On available for free in the Markietplace.
How to Add a Twitter Feed
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Dashboard button and click add-ons.
- In the keyword field enter 'tweetcrete' and click the Search button to the right.
- Click the Tweetcrete Add-on, then the blue Download & Install button on the bottom right.
You will see a notification stating "The package was successfully installed."
- Click the Return button on the bottom right, then select the Return To Website button on the top left.
- Using the menu, navigate to the page you want to add the Twitter feed to and click the Edit button on the top left.
- Click the area in the page where you want the twitter feed to display, in my tests I want the twitter feed on the sidebar, so I chose Add To Sidebar. Select +Add Block.
- Search and select, or scroll down and click the Tweetcrete Add-on. The Add Tweetcrete menu will present several options:
Select Authorize with Twitter, and you will be redirected to a twitter login. Ater logging in you will be provided with a numeric code, enter this code into the Twitter Authentication PIN field. This is required to get your Twitter timeline, and the list of people you follow.
||Using PHP you can set the format you want your date displayed in.
|Show how many tweets?
||Set how many tweets to display, default is 3.
|Cache live time? (in seconds)
||Set how often you want the feed to update.
||Choose if you want twitter avatars to display in the header, or in the timeline, or both.
||Choose if you want twitter screen names displayed in the header, timeline, or both.
||Choose if you want the Timestamp to display in the timeline.
|Timestamp in Words
||Choose if you want the Timestamp to display in the timeline in words instead of numbers.
||Checking this will add a follow button to the header.
||Selecting this option will show replies in the timeline.
||Retweets will not display in the timeline unless this is selected.
|Timeline Component Summary
Selecting this will provide a summary of the
Click the +add component button, and you can add people to your feed. For instance if you want to display the feed from the page twitter.com/BarackObama, you would enter just: BarackObama
After making your selections, click the blue Add+ button on the bottom right.
- Roll your mouse over the Editing button, and click Publish My Edits. You will now see the timelines displayed on your page.
Congratulations, now you know how to add a Twitter feed to your Concrete5 website using the free Tweetcrete add-on available in the Concrete5!