The Melbourne IT Authorization Email
The final step of a transfer to WebHostingHub is the confirmation email. This will be coming from our domain registrar partner, Melbourne IT. You will receive an email from them that appears similar to the one below:
Re: Transfer of example.com
The current registrar of record for this domain name is MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE.
DomainRegistrar1 has received a request from <SomeDomainOwner> on Sun Oct 6 21:00:03 2013 through the company HostingCompany for us to become the new registrar of record.
You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database.
Please read the following important information about transferring your domain name:
- You must agree to enter into a new Registration Agreement with us. You can
review the full terms and conditions of the Agreement at
- Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place within
five (5) calendar days unless the current registrar of record denies the request.
- Once a transfer takes place, you will not be able to transfer to another registrar
for 60 days.
Please go to our website, https://url-full-terms.com/originalregistrar to confirm or decline the transfer. If you don't respond to this message, the transfer will be cancelled automatically after one week.
If the URL above does not take you directly to the transfer confirmation page, you will have to enter your Domain Name: abcxyz.com and the Transfer Key: ehgisj235kl before accepting the transfer.
PLEASE NOTE that many domains require an Auth Code to approve a transfer. The Auth Code can only be obtained from the current domain provider. Please contact them directly for this info.
If you initiated a transfer but did not receive the authorization email from Melbourne IT within 24 hours, you will want to check the following things regarding your domain name.
Checking your domain information
- Check your domain name to see if Domain Privacy has been removed.
You can use a tools from websites such as http://who.is to see if Domain Privacy remains on your domain name. Domain Privacy must removed in order for the transfer to proceed.
- Check the Domain Administrator email address
The WHOIS information will display the domain administrator email address, you need to have access to this email address. If it is incorrect, then you will not receive the confirmation email. You will need to contact your current host or domain registrar to correct this setting.
- Whitelist the administrative email address and if using a Spam prevention application
to have the confirmation email re-sent. Please provide verification for the support email by including either the last 4 digits of the credit card on the account or the Account Management Panel (AMP) password. Also, please verify that the steps above are completed before requesting the confirmation email to be re-sent.
These services all have whitelist options. You can turn them off if the domain is being transferred away, or add the domains to the whitelist so that the emails are not blocked. You should also ensure that
is in the whitelist.
How to request a new Melbourne IT Authorization email
If you have performed the checks above and have ensured the information is correct, you may request the Melbourne IT resend the authorization email. Follow the instructions below to have the email resent to you via our resubmission tool.
- Log into your Account Management Panel(AMP) interface.
- You can access the tool via two different places. From the main screen click on either Manage Domain under Domain Mangementor Details under Account & Billing.
- If you selected Domain Transers you will need to look for the Existing Domain Transfers section. If you selected Details from Account & Billing you will need to locate the Pending Requests are. Look for the domain name under the respective area. You will see a link to teh right of the domain name labeled Resubmit. Click that link to begin the request.
- Next, a popup will appear asking for confirmation. Click the Resend Confirmation button to continue.
- After you click the confirmation button, you will see another popup that confirms the request has been submitted. From here, click on the Close link in the upper right corner. The link to the right of the domain name should now be replaced with Request submitted. This completes the request for the Authorization email.
Please Note: A request for resubmission can only be done once every 24 hours. Any further submissions will not process.