If your domain is registered at a different registrar you can transfer your domain to Web Hosting Hub. Please keep in mind that transferring the management of your domain does not affect your website as it does not automatically change your domain's Nameservers. More information regarding the difference between these two processes can be found in our article Domain Transfer vs. Nameserver Change.
While this article will take you through the steps of transferring your domain name to our management, the subject of transferring your actual site files is covered in our Website Getting Started Guide for New Customers.
Important Information to Understand Before Transferring Your Domain
To transfer your domain name, there are a few important things to know first:
- Currently we can only transfer domains that end in .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info and .us.If your domain is any other top level domain, you can still host it here by pointing your domain to our Nameservers.
- Registrar transfers CANNOT be done in these instances:
a) Within sixty (60) days of initial registration or
b) Within fourteen (14) days of expiration.
- If your domain is not already pointed to our Nameservers, please either point your domain before initiating the domain transfer or after the transfer has completed.
- The domain name must be unlocked.
- Make sure your domain does not have privacy on.
- Make sure you have access to the Administrative email address listed in the WHOIS.
How do I transfer my domain name?
Once you have unlocked your domain and obtained the authorization code, you can begin the transfer. You can transfer your domain name in your Account Management Panel (or AMP). For help logging into AMP, please read our article on accessing your Account Management Panel.
- Login to AMP
- In the top menu, hover over Domains and click Domain Transfers.
- Next type in the domain that you want to transfer and click Submit
- The next screen will tell you if your domain is locked or not. The domain transfer will not initiate if the domain shows as locked. Make sure that you have access to the admin email and select "Yes" from the menu. Enter the Authorization Code for the domain and click Save
- The next screen is the Billing Information screen. Your first domain transfer OR registration is included FREE for the first year with your hosting account. Additional domain transfers cost $14.99. Confirm the account information is correct and click Submit
The transfer process has now begun. Remember that domain transfers can take up to 10 days. You will be notified via email when the domain transfer process completes.