As part of the security for OpenCart 1.5 downloads can be either enabled or disabled for any part of the store. The following tutorial will walk you through enabling or disabling the option to download files from your store.
How to enable or disable file downloads in your store in OpenCart 1.5
- Login to the Administration Dashboard as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SYSTEM and then click on SETTINGS in the drop-down menu
- Select the STORE that you wish to edit and then click on EDIT on the far right to proceed
- Click on the TAB that says OPTION, then scroll down until you see the option labeled ALLOW DOWNLOADS as shown below:
- Select YES in order to enable downloads or NO to disable downloads for the store
- Select the blue SAVE button in the upper right hand corner of the page in order to save your selection
In order to allow downloads on your store, you must go into options and enable the option so that documenation or downloadable products are available to your customers.