The webservice is a method of communication between devices or computers that allows you to share your data with another application. Using the webservice, you can determine what they have access to, or not. The following tutorial will guide you through steps required to setup the webservice within PrestaShop 1.5.
Setting up the Webservice in Prestashop 1.5
- To get to the Performance section of the Advanced Parameters for Prestashop, first login to the Administrator as an Administrator
- Hover over menu bar where it says ADVANCED PARAMETERS - click on SQL MANAGER when it appears in the drop-down menu.
- You will see something similar to this screenshot:
Click on the ADD NEW button to add a new key in order to add a new key.
- You will see the folllowing scrreen:
The fields present in creating the contact:
Key - randomly generated code to represent the key. The code is generated by clicking on the GENERATE button under the field
Key description - description of the generated key
Status - allows you to decide if the web service is active or not
Click on the GENERATE button to generate the key, then describe it in the Key description. When the description is complete, check on the STATUS.
- The following section is called PERMISSIONS. There are the actual data tables that are available for access in PrestaShop. You will need to determine which ones can be accessed and the permissions allowed to access them.
The above screenshot shows a partial vile of the list. Clicking on the checkbox closest to the resource name checks ALL of the checkboxes in the row. Select the resources and the permissions that you wish to be available on your web service.
- Click on SAVE in the top right hand corner in order to save your entries.
Web service in Prestashop is extremely important when you have need to share data with another person or application that may or may not reside on your server. Place careful thought when setting this service up as it opens up a possible security issue, and may impact performance on your server. For more information on setting up Web Service, go to Understanding the Prerequisites for Web Services in PrestaShop 1.5.