Note: The interface for adding carriers has been updated in versions 1.5.5 and above. Please use the following documentation for PrestaShop versions 1.5 - 188.8.131.52. For instructions on using the new interface, please go to Adding a Carrier using PrestaShop 1.5. The update utilizes a wizard that takes you through each detail of the carrier setup.
Adding a carrier in Prestashop 1.5 requires the process of adding the carrier by name, setting a range by price or weight, and finally setting the fees that apply towards that carrier. The following tutorial will walk you through the basics needed to create a shipper or carrier.
Adding a Shipping Carrier in Prestashop 1.5
- Login to the Administration Panel as an Administrator
- Hover over the menu bar where it says SHIPPING, and then click on CARRIERS in the drop down menu. This will bring you to a list of the existing carriers. The screenshot below shows the carriers in the test shop:
- To ADD a shipping carrier to your site, selec the green ADD NEW button in the top right hand corner of the screen. When click on the button, you will get the following screen:
Note that the only thing required for the new carrier is the COMPANY NAME of the carrier and the TRANSIT TIME.
- Fill in the COMPANY NAME for the shipping carrier and select the appropriate estimated delivery time -called TRANSIT TIME.
- Select the green SAVE button the top right hand corner of the page in order to save the values that you entered.
This completes the basic addition of a shipping carrier to Prestashop 1.5. There are a large number of other fields that apply to your shipping carrier. For further information go to: Setting Up Shipping PrestaShop 1.5