Many applications use MySQL databases to run, including software for E-Commerce, CMS programs, and forums. Using phpMyAdmin, a tool within your cpanel, you can easily import and export database content.
Creating a database is a three step process:
- Creating a database user and password
- Assigning that user privileges to access the database.
- Creating the database
Accomplishing all three steps is quite easy using the MySQL Database Wizard within your cPanel.
- Log into your cPanel and click the "MySQL Database Wizard" icon (under the "Databases" heading).
- In "Step 1", enter the name of your database.
- In "Step 2", enter a database username and password.
- In "Step 3", assign your user with privileges to your database. Unless you have a developer who has requested otherwise, simply click "All Privileges".
- "Step 4" is a summary of the tasks you just completed. Notice both your database name and database user have your cPanel username as a prefix. For example, if your username is userna5 and you entered staff as a database name, the actual database name will be userna5_staff.
If you need to create more than one database, simply follow the above steps for each database.