PrestaShop uses modules and hooks to control the layout of your PrestaShop site. In our previous tutorial we walked you through unhooking modules and moving modules through the Modules > Positions page in your PrestaShop back office. PrestaShop also includes a feature called LiveEdit that offers a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface for moving and removing modules.
The following tutorial explains how LiveEdit appears and operates before the PrestaShop 1.5 release. Please see LiveEdit in PrestaShop 1.5x
for more information
- To access the LiveEdit feature, begin by logging into your PrestaShop back office.
- Click on the Modules tab and the Positions link under that tab.
- On the right side of the page, click on the Run LiveEdit button to open LiveEdit in a new tab in your browser.
- In LiveEdit, you can remove a module by selecting the trash can icon for that module.
- To move a module, click the green arrow icon and drag the module to the new area where you want it to appear. You can change the order of modules within the same hook or move a module to a different hook.
- When your changes are complete, click the Save button in the lower left corner of LiveEdit.
- If you want to close the LiveEdit without saving changes, click the Close LiveEdit button and select Confirm in the pop up window that appears.
LiveEdit in PrestaShop is that easy to use. If you want to work with modules that are in the top pages or footer hooks, you can make those changes within the PrestaShop back office. For more information, please see our tutorial on Positioning PrestaShop Modules.