By default, many people use 'admin' as a username for the Concrete5 Dashboard, which can increase security risks by things such as brute-force attacks.
In this tutorial we will show you how to change your Admin username for Concrete5 in the Dashboard.
How to Change Your Username:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Click the Dashboard button.
- Under the MEMBERS Section, click the Search Users link.
- Click the admin username.
Then click the Edit User button.
- Enter your new username in the Username field, then click the Update User button.
You will then see a message stating "User updated successfully."
- Now when you search the users you will see the new user name listed.
Congratulations, now you know how to change your Concrete5 username in the Dashboard!