Sometimes when you are making a website, it is important to provide directions to a specific location. For instance if you are a brick and mortar business, or your website is promoting an event, it would be helpful to provide visitors with an easy way to find directions to the location.
In this tutorial we will show you how to provide directions from your website using the free Get Directions add-on available in the Concrete5 Marketplace.
How to Provide Directions:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Dashboard button and click add-ons.
- Enter in the keywords field 'get directions', and click the Search button. You will see the free Get Directions addon listed, select it.
- Click the blue Download & Install button on the bottom right. You will see a notification stating "The package was successfully installed."
- Click the Return button on the bottom right, then select the Return to Website button on the top left.
- Using the menu, navigate to the page you want to provide directions on, and click the Edit button.
- Select the area that you want the directions provided, in my tests I chose Add To Sidebar, so it will be to the right of the page. Click +Add Block.
- Scroll down and click, or search and select Get Directions. You will be presented with fields for entering your destination address.
||Enter your street address.
||Enter your City.
||Enter your state here.
||Enter your zip code.
Once you have entered your address, click the blue Add+ button, then roll your mouse over the Editing button on the top left, and select Publish My Edits. Visitors to your website will now be able to get directions to the location you entered in Step 8.
Congratulations, now you know how to provide directions to a specific location using the free Get Directions add-on available in the Concrete5 Marketplace.