When you are collaborating in a group to design a website, it can be helpful to see how many people are currently logged into the Dashboard. Luckily, there is a plugin available that lets you easily see how many people are online.
In this tutorial we will show you how to work with the free Who's Online add-on available in the Concrete5 Marketplace.
How to Add the Who's Online block:
- Login to your Concrete5 Dashboard.
- Move your mouse over the Dashboard button and select add-on.
- In the Keywords field type 'who's online' then select the Search button to the right. Click the free Who's Online add-on that is listed.
- Select the blue Download & Install button on the bottom right. You will see a notification stating "The package was successfully installed." Click the Return button, then the Return To Website button on the top left.
- Using the menu navigate to the page you want to show who's online on. I want it on the side of my site, so in my tests I chose Add To Sidebar.
- Select the +Add Block option and scroll down and select, or search and click the WhosOnline block on the list.
You will be presented with several options:
After making your selections, click the blue Add+ button, then roll your mouse over the Editing button and select Publish My Edits. You will now see the Who's Online block on your site.
|Include Default Style.
||When this is selected, the block will use it's default Style. Un-check this to use your own style-sheet.
|Show Who's Online Title.
||If this is selected, it will show the name of the add-on block on top of it.
|Online text message
You can set the text that displays here, the default is:We have [guests] users online.
The [guests] tag will be replaced by the number of people online.
Congratulations, now you know how to add the free Who's Online block to your Concrete5 website.